The Official Website for the Mecham's Retro Mocktail Party

Mocktail Party - The non-alcoholic version of a Cocktail Party.

Why should the Boozers have all the fun!


Check out past parties by clicking the year above.

-------------------------------------------

A measage from your host.

Turn off the background music on the right before playing.

Saturday

Mocktail Party 2003


2003 is when this all started. I had this idea to have a Cocktail party. Being the non drinkers that we are, it turned into a mocktail party. I added the retro part because I thought it would be fun to recreate one of Shags painting. Very Retro! It reminded me of all those cocktail party's that Darrin and Samantha Stevens all ways had on "Bewitched". So that's how it all started. The invitation that year where done in the form of a postcard that sent them to a rather corny web page where all the information was posted. They were to bring an appetizer and come in retro wear. The guest list consisted of just my family and a few friends. As luck would have it the night turned out to be cold so all my preparations and decoration on the patio were in vain because everyone ended up indoors. I missed most of the party because I had this not so brilliant idea that I should be the bartender for the night. We only had one couple actually come in costume. Jackie and Aaron set the tone for the evening. They later became the Party poster couple for future parties.


The only photo I have of the decoration and candles out on the patio that COLD evening.

No comments: